VERSION: May 12, 2015
- Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Q-dance Australia (ABN 89 12 867 6835) and its related entities (Q-dance, we, our or us) respect the privacy of our customers and other individuals we deal with in the course of our business. Q-dance's entities operating in Australia are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”), as well as other privacy laws applicable to us. Where appropriate, we will handle personal information relying on the employee records exemption and the related bodies corporate exemption in the Privacy Act.
- Kinds of personal information collected and held
Q-dance may collect, use and disclose the personal information of its customers and other individuals for the purposes of its business operations. In each case, the precise nature of our collection, use and disclosure of personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us (for example, the products or services you request and receive from us).
We may collect personal information about you in a number of circumstances, including if you:
- contact us;
- are a customer (for example, we may collect your contact details and credit card details);
- are, or are employed by, one of our suppliers, contractors, dealers, related companies and agents; or
- apply for a job or contract with us (for example, we may collect your contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks). We may collect this information directly from you, from any recruitment consultant or from your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
3.1 General information
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email or through our website); and
- from third parties, such as our related entities.
3.2 Information about your use of our website
In general, you can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We are, however, able to determine your IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, to monitor the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. In short, we use your IP to gather aggregate demographic information.
There are a few places on our website where you are able to provide us with your personal information directly, such as when you order a product, enter a contest or sweepstakes, fill out a survey, send us feedback, request owners and parts manuals or register your product online. The nature of the personal information we collect will depend on your use of the website. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including post or zip code), email address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifying information. When ordering products on our website, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
The Q-dance website may contain links to other non-Q-dance websites. Q-dance is not responsible for the privacy practices of the entities who administer those non-Q-dance websites or the content of such websites. You should exercise your best judgement when sharing personal information on these websites.
3.3 Cookies and the opt-out mechanism
By visiting the website below, you may opt out of having your information used for targeted advertising without having to disable cookies. When you opt out, an opt out cookie will be stored in your web browser. If you block or delete the opt out cookie, we will not be able to see your choice. If you change computers or web browsers, or use multiple computers or web browsers, you will need to complete the opt out procedure for each computer and each web browser.
Opting out of targeted advertising means our website will not track your web preferences and usage patterns and will not use interest prediction technology to deliver ads. Opting-out does not mean you will not see any advertising on our website.
You may opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following website: www.krux.com/krux_privacy/consumer_choice.
We believe users should be informed about online advertising technologies and have the ability to choose whether they receive ads targeted to their interests. For more information about targeted advertising, please click the following link: www.aboutads.info.
- The purposes for which we collect, hold and disclose your personal information
We collect the personal information we need to provide products, services and information to our customers and the community and for our business operations generally.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information you require.
We (and the organisations to which we disclose your information (see Section 5 below)) generally use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by law, for example to
- provide you with services you requested.
- process your order and contact you regarding administrative and processing issues;
- conduct market research and marketing; and
- provide you with the latest product and promotional material and other information that may be useful to you
From time to time, we may send you marketing communications about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive further marketing communications from Q-dance you can send us an email at email@example.com and tell us that you do not want to receive future communications.
- How your personal information may be disclosed
We may disclose your personal information to various entities depending on what services you receive from us, for example:
- our related entities;
- the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our website;
- delivery service providers so that they can deliver products you have ordered from us;
- our dealers, business partners or organisations we have engaged to provide services or carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- our professional advisers, including our legal advisors, accountants and auditors;
- other persons, including government and regulatory agencies, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations that acquire (or propose to acquire) all or a part of our assets or business.
We may disclose personal information to Q-dance's subsidiary, and certain information technology service providers, located in Australia.
- Keeping information secure
We want you to have continuing trust in Q-dance and in our products and services and, so, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfilment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
- How you can access or seek correction of your personal information or make a complaint
- Disclaimer of liability
THERE ARE THIRD-PARTY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE THAT WILL SEND YOU TO WEBSITES THAT WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. CLICKING ON A THIRD-PARTY LINK IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND BY DOING SO, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES.
- How to contact us
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided below.
Q-dance Privacy Officer
Address: 466/311-315, Sydney 2000 NSW, Australia
Telephone: +61 292 800 802